Why black hair needs more moisturizers than Caucasian?
African-American or Ethnic hair does not produce as much oils (Sebum) as Caucasian.
Sebum is the oily secretion created by the sebaceous gland and is responsible for feeding and generating nutrients to the follicles also give the hair its flexibility and luster. Each hair follicle has a dermal papilla, which is responsible for our hair growth, and the hair follicles are fed with the sebum, (oil) produced by sebaceous glands.
Our hair follicles experience individual and repeated cycles of active growth as well as rest. The length or phases of the cycles varies according to the individual's age, health, hair type and styling habits; weaves, braids, over-styling excessive use of heat and blow drying can damage our hair follicles
Excess of sebum and cholesterol in the scalp a can also cause build-up and clog the hair follicles leading to a high production of DHT. Sebum is produced abundantly in Caucasian hair. That is a reason why Caucasians, are 10 times more likely to experience baldness than African Americans.
Our hair composition is about 15% of water and other elements such as melanin, calcium, zinc, iodine, iron the rest 85% is keratin and proteins.
With the use of proper treatments, moisturizers, oils and Vitamins African-American, Biracial, and Ethnic Hair can grow as much as Caucasians.
All products are not created equally Opt for moisturizers, leave-in conditioners, and styling lotions. When purchasing hair care products. Avoid products such as, hair grease, mousse, hair spray, holding gels, etc.
Which products can really help your hair growth?
Products rich in nutrients, especially natural plants, flowers and oils ingredients can have a major impact on hair growth, Because they nourish the hair roots, stimulating blood flow and they supply nutrients to the hair follicles, promoting healthy hair growth and slowing down normal age-related hair loss.
Certain fruits and vegetables can naturally protect the hair follicles and increase hair growth, specially those with high contain of protein and flavonoids such as nuts, berry, red beans, red and yellow fruits and vegetables are excellent to increase your hair production for the inside out.
For more information please read about our Hair growth EBOOK
Please feel free to start a new topic and post your opinion.
Support Rihefra! Please Click Like and
Share With All Your Friends.
Support Rihefra! Please Click Like and Share With All Your Friends.
Did you know?
There are about 150,000 hairs on the human scalp,
Our hair have the ability to grow about one-half inch per month. (6 inches per year.) and the active growth phase is about 100 days.
Naturally our hair shed an average of 100 strands per day